Monday, July 7, 2008

Tammy's Wedding

This holiday weekend, I was at my friend Tammy's wedding in South Carolina. I just got back from the longest airplane adventure of my life, and I'm exhausted. But I couldn't resist putting up a few photos. Aren't these great?


Tammy and Ahmad were married in an intimate ceremony on Kiawah Island, their favorite vacation spot. Tammy, as you can see, was quite gorgeous--and terrifyingly organized! There's no way I'm going to pull off this kind of elegant, seamless affair.

The flip-flops in our welcome bags came in handy as we explored the island. In addition to the wedding, we all went to the resort's Fourth of July buffet and saw some truly spectacular fireworks. Other fun memories from the trip:
  • Ahmad and Tammy took us to one of their favorite restaurants, where we had buckets of shrimp and oysters. Yum!
  • Maren and I indulged in an ocean dip, despite the fact that we'd forgotten our bathing suits. I love swimming in the Atlantic--it's so warm!
  • Tammy wanted a traditional girl-gathering before she got married at 6:30pm. So we met for an early lunch consisting of kimche, Ramen, and gossip!
The best, by far, was watching Tammy and Ahmad staring at each other in that gooey newlywed fashion. Their ceremony was truly moving, and they have my congratulations and best wishes!

2 comments:

Mom said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Tara said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures - I love the picture of the four of you -- you have a gift for friendship, Katie -- I don't know many people who can hold on to friendships the way you do. It's so refreshing! It's so right! You inspire me to put people first. I miss you!