Monday, July 14, 2008

My Bridal Shower



This Saturday, my aunties (and Grandma G!) threw me a bridal shower. It was so fun, and I felt so well-loved! Now my kitchen feels well-loved, too--it's jam-packed with goodies! And I must tell you, it's lovely being related to so many crafty women... though occasionally I feel guilty that I can't (a) crochet afghans (b) make adorable centerpieces or (c) wrap gifts attractively.

Highlights of a grand shindig:
  • Just getting to see everyone! Don't you hate it that, as we all get older, we have less time to relax with our family and friends? Needless to say, hanging out at the shower was a treat!
  • Aunt Elaine organized a game where we all had to feel kitchen utensils wrapped in paper bags. I regret to say there was rampant cheating on one side of the circle... and rampant tattling on the other side. :)
  • Annalisa dressed up the cover for "Lover's Touch" with hilarious speech bubbles ("Oh, Katie! The game has just begun!")
  • Aunt Marla and Melissa put together the cutest themed centerpieces for each little table. My favorite? They were all super cute, but I loved the breakfast centerpiece (which included several mixes, honey, jams, and a scone pan, all wrapped up in a cute arrangement!)
  • Cheryl introduced herself to everyone as "the ex-boyfriend's mother," which definitely got some laughs. (Fun... my future mother-in-law really has a blast with her.)
Thank you to the party planners and everyone who came! I know this is a busy summer, and I appreciate the time and effort you took to make it a special event.

No comments: