Friday, October 30, 2009

Wheels


Dear Ford Taurus,

I'm just writing to say that I loved you. You were my first car, and will always hold a special place in my heart. Forever will I remember your trunk space, your comfy seats, the cheap price at which I purchased you.

Unfortunately, my husband never fully approved of you. And so it is with heavy heart that I must bid you farewell. You were a great college car, but I'm moving on to a new phase in my life now. I'm no longer footloose and fancy-free, zooming cross-country while subsisting on peanut butter and jelly. Now I need a grocery-getter; something with luggage rails and a high safety rating.

I promise I'll never forget you! I'll think of you nostalgically, even when I'm driving my 2010 Subaru Forester. Her name is Babe, because she's my big blue ox of a family car!


Good luck with your next owners, Taurus. I'm sure they'll be wonderful. Maybe they'll even shell out the big bucks and fix your oil leak!

Fondly,
Katie

2 comments:

heather said...

I like the new car!! Ry and I have often talked about how much we like Subaru's. It looks good!

Tara said...

Sweet new ride, Katie! I know that bittersweet feeling of saying goodbye to your first car.... Kind of feels like adulthood is encroaching.... But just because I drive a minivan doesn't mean I have to act like it. :)