Saturday, October 31, 2009

The Great Gaming Weekend


I am lucky. I married into a great family, and I really enjoy my in-laws. James (Mike's middle brother) and his wife Denise host all of the big family holidays... as well as all of the not-so-big impromptu family weekends. I love those weekends. They usually go a little something like this: out for dinner, home for hours of board games and/or dominoes, and maybe a brief stint in the hot tub. Fabulous!

We didn't used to play so much, but then Mike and I discovered some great board games and decided to share the love. Now, whenever we get together we play one of the following:
If you're pondering Christmas presents for the upcoming holiday season, might I suggest these as a fun gift for a whole family? And while we're on the subject... what kinds of things do you like to do with your extended family?

3 comments:

Tara said...

I like your list -- those are all games we've had fun playing with family and friends in the past, too. But I find that my brain is mushing, so I like the no-brainer games a little more -- like seven minute scrable (start out with 5 tiles and build your own cross-word puzzle, drawing a tile every time someone works all their current tiles into the puzzle) and zilch (a silly dice game that usually wakes up whichever baby is sleeping at my parents house). Good times!

Tara said...

Have you played Settlers of Catan?? I like that one too. And sorry - speaking of brain mush - that would be scrabBle, not scrable

Mom said...

I adore your in-laws too, they make everyone feel loved and welcomed.