Sunday, September 20, 2009

Do the Puyallap!


Yesterday, we took a trip to the Puyallup Fair. Mike and I had a great time. As always, my favorite part had to be the barns full of animals (especially the piglets!) and we really enjoyed the food. It's a truth universally acknowledged that fair-goers must overload on all things fried. In addition to elephant ears and Krusty Pups, we snacked on fair scones, barbecue, and curly fries.

This was also the year I finally had the courage to do the Extreme Scream--what an adrenaline rush! The guys had wobbly knees for quite some time afterward. I was fine, though my palms were sweaty for the duration of the ride!

The best part of the fair, though, had to be hanging out with friends. T & K are our closest pals from my graduate school program. Seeing them, and watching their daughter A enjoy the fair, was totally awesome. A loved the petting zoo, and she really enjoyed the carousel. I can't wait until she's old enough to go on more rides!

2 comments:

Dave said...

I'm rather ashamed to admit, but I have never done the puyallup. Is it still ok if I claim to be Washingtonian? Someday I too will try the elephant ears...

Tara said...

I love it when you post things that are uniquely WA - I can almost smell the fir trees.

Did you lighten your hair?? It looks cute.